Here is our legal submission [H4EAD-Legal-Submission-20210517] that we submitted with the court to defend H-4 EAD program.
Just so everyone is aware, here is the history –
- In 2017, we correctly anticipated a potential collusive settlement between Jeff Sessions’ DOJ and SaveJobsUSA.
- We asked tech companies and every single industry group to help us save the H-4 EAD.
- Neither these companies nor their trade groups helped. They had no problem issuing virtuous statements regarding the sensational aspects of the previous administration’s immigration policies, but they were silent on an issue that would impact by far their largest number of employees.
- They were likely silent because they were in fact afraid of Donald Trump’s White House, but wanted to continue to pay lip service to the issues of their immigrant employees. Or perhaps their priority is life long enslavement of their brown skinned Indian immigrant employees, and they do not actually care about the betterment of their employees.
- We are very grateful to the group called “Americans for Immigrant Justice” and attorney Carl Goldfarb from Boies Schiller Flexner LLP who stepped forward to help us by intervening in the H-4 EAD lawsuit. We now know for sure that without our intervention, the Sessions DOJ and Save Jobs USA would have settled the lawsuit by getting rid of the H-4 EAD program altogether, back in 2017.
- We are also aware that some employers and employer groups have been acting in bad faith, which is why our bill – “The Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act” did not pass last year. To pacify their employees, these employers have been pretending to support the bill, while behind the scenes, they have been working to sabotage the bill that will bring equality for skilled immigrants.
In the coming days and weeks, we will be naming names and telling you what has been going on behind the scenes. Watch this space.